Standard fee for an appraisal of a single family home is $500. Standard fee for a 2-4 unit home is $850. Fees may be higher for complex properties or other types of appraisals. Call Jeff Ward, SRA at (757) 647-6485 for a quote.
What makes a property complex?
Complex properties include but are not limited to the following:
- Properties in remote or rural areas (Pungo, Blackwater, Hickory, certain areas of Suffolk).
- High-end homes.
- Homes with unusual style or design (geodesic dome, properties with a lot of odd angles).
- Homes in need of a lot of repairs or renovation.
- Homes with negative external influences such as homes located on a busy street, homes next to or near commercial properties, etc.
- Homes in which there are few recent comparable sales in the market area.
- Overimproved homes (For example, a 5,000 square foot home in a neighborhood of 1,000-2,000 square foot homes).
- Underimproved homes (For example, a 1,000 square foot home in a neighborhood of 2,000-3,000 square foot homes).
- Homes that do not conform to the neighborhood.